Focus and Scope
Statement of intent:
Community education is seen in the broadest sense to include community work, adult education and youth work and takes place in a range of settings and agencies. We see the concept of community education as dynamic and diverse and do not seek to reflect a fixed view.
- We seek to make a contribution to the creation of a critical culture, where workers can engage with each other and their experiences.
- We seek to reflect the diversity of views about community education purposes and practice.
- We encourage challenges to assumptions and orthodoxies within community education and seek to promote progressive developments.
- We wish to stimulate debate which represents a range of viewpoints.
- We encourage practitioners to reflect critically on their own experience as a way of re-interpreting existing ideas and generating new ones. In particular, we recognise the value of learning from all practice - ‘ineffective' as well as ‘effective'.
- We seek to scrutinise critically policy developments and implications for practice.
- We seek to encourage contributions from all sections of the field in the form of reviews, articles and letters.
- We offer assistance to any contributor who wishes to develop ideas into print.
Journal Information & Policies
Please see our Journal Information & Policies page for details of the Journal's peer review process, Open Access policy and other journal information.